- H. Yashiro, K. Terasaki, Y. Kawai, S. Kudo, T. Miyoshi, T. Imamura, K. Minami, H. Inoue, T. Nishiki, T. Saji, M. Satoh, and H. Tomita, 2020: A 1024-Member Ensemble Data Assimilation with 3.5-Km Mesh Global Weather Simulations, in SC20: International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC), Atlanta, GA, US, 2020 pp. 1-10. doi:10.1109/SC41405.2020.00005
- Kotsuki, S., Pensoneault, A., Okazaki, A. and Miyoshi, T., 2020: Weight Structure of the Local Ensemble Transform Kalman Filter: A Case with an Intermediate AGCM., Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc., 146, Issue732, 3399-3415. doi:10.1002/qj.3852
- Otsuka, S., S. Kotsuki, M. Ohhigashi, and T. Miyoshi, 2019: GSMaP RIKEN Nowcast: Global precipitation nowcasting with data assimilation. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 1099-1117. doi:10.2151/jmsj.2019-061
- Honda, T., S. Kotsuki, G.-Y. Lien, Y. Maejima, K. Okamoto and T. Miyoshi, 2018: Assimilation of Himawari-8 All-Sky Radiances Every 10 Minutes: Impact on Precipitation and Flood Risk Prediction. J. Geophys. Res., 123, 965-976. doi:10.1002/2017JD027096
- Kotsuki, S., T. Miyoshi, K. Terasaki, G.-Y. Lien and E. Kalnay, 2017: Assimilating the Global Satellite Mapping of Precipitation Data with the Nonhydrostatic Icosahedral Atmospheric Model NICAM. J. Geophys. Res., 122, 631-650. doi:10.1002/2016JD025355
- Arakida, H., T. Miyoshi, T. Ise, S. Shima and S. Kotsuki, 2017: Non-Gaussian data assimilation of satellite-based Leaf Area Index observations with an individual-based dynamic global vegetation model. Nonlinear Processes in Geophys., 24, 553-567. doi:10.5194/npg-24-553-2017
- Miyoshi, T., G.-Y. Lien, S. Satoh, T. Ushio, K. Bessho, H. Tomita, S. Nishizawa, R. Yoshida, S. A. Adachi, J. Liao, B. Gerofi, Y. Ishikawa, M. Kunii, J. Ruiz, Y. Maejima, S. Otsuka, M. Otsuka, K. Okamoto, and H. Seko, 2016: "Big Data Assimilation" toward Post-peta-scale Severe Weather Prediction: An Overview and Progress. Proc. of the IEEE, 104, 2155-2179. doi:10.1109/JPROC.2016.2602560
- Miyoshi, T., M. Kunii, J. Ruiz, G.-Y. Lien, S. Satoh, T. Ushio, K. Bessho, H. Seko, H. Tomita, and Y. Ishikawa, 2016: "Big Data Assimilation" Revolutionizing Severe Weather Prediction. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 97, 1347-1354. doi:10.1175/BAMS-D-15-00144.1
- Miyoshi, T., K. Kondo, and K. Terasaki, 2015: Big Ensemble Data Assimilation in Numerical Weather Prediction. Computer, 48, 15-21. doi:10.1109/MC.2015.332
- Miyoshi, T., K. Kondo, and T. Imamura, 2014: The 10240-member ensemble Kalman filtering with an intermediate AGCM. Geophys. Res. Lett., 41, 5264-5271. doi:10.1002/2014GL060863
Honors and Awards
- Ohishi, S.: JOC The Young Author Award: Frontolysis by surface heat flux in the eastern Japan Sea: importance of mixed layer depth 28th November 2020.
- Miyoshi, T.: FY2020 Prime Minister’s Commendations to Contributors for Disaster Prevention. 1st September 2020.
- Shigenori Otsuka: RIKEN Oubu Research Incentive Award, Development of a novel three-dimensional precipitation nowcast method and its real-time demonstration. 3rd April 2020.
- Shunji Kotsuki: RIKEN Oubu Research Incentive Award, Advancing Ensemble Data Assimilation-based Global Weather Forecast System. 12th March 2019.
- Miyoshi, T.: Excellent Achievement Award, HPCI (High Performance Computing Infrastructure) Project Report Meeting Program Committee. 2nd November 2018.
- Honda, T.: Yamamoto-Syono Award, Meteorological society of Japan. 30th October 2018.
- Miyoshi, T.: Gold Medal Prize, Yomiuri Techno Forum. 25th April 2018.
- Honda, T: 9th RIKEN Research Incentive Award, "Improvement of Typhoon and heavy rainfall predictions by assimilating radiance observations from a new generation satellite "Himawari-8"". 15th March 2018.
- Miyoshi, T: RIKEN R&D performance incentives, Research to connect Data Assimilation and Simulation. March 2018.
- Satoh, M., H. Tomita, H. Yashiro, H. Miura, C. Kodama, T. Seiki, A. Noda, Y. Yamada, D. Goto, M. Sawada, T. Miyoshi, Y. Niwa, M. Hara, T. Ohno, S. Iga, T. Arakawa, T. Inoue, H. Kubokawa, 2014: The non-hydrostatic icosahedral atmospheric model: description and development. Progress in Earth and Planetary Science, 1:18. doi:10.1186/s40645-014-0018-1 The Most Cited Paper Award 2017 (by Japan Geoscience Union). 18th April 2017.
- Miyoshi, T.: Editor's Award, Monthly Weather Review (by American Meteorological Society, Seattle). January 2017.
Satoh, M., H. Tomita, H. Yashiro, H. Miura, C. Kodama, T. Seiki, A. Noda, Y. Yamada, D. Goto, M. Sawada, T. Miyoshi, Y. Niwa, M. Hara, T. Ohno, S. Iga, T. Arakawa, T. Inoue, H. Kubokawa, 2014:
The non-hydrostatic icosahedral atmospheric model: description and development.
Progress in Earth and Planetary Science, 1:18. doi:10.1186/s40645-014-0018-1
The Most Accessed Paper Award 2016 (by Japan Geoscience Union). 22nd May 2016.
- Miyoshi, T.: Meteorological Society of Japan Award. 19th May 2016.
- Guo-Yuan Lien: 7th RIKEN Research Incentive Award. 30th March 2016.
- Miyoshi, T.: Japan Geoscience Union Nishida Prize 2014. 27th May 2015.
- Kondo, K.: The 4th International Symposium on Data Assimilation, Best Poster Award. 25th Feburuary 2015.
- Miyoshi, T.: The Young Scientists' Prize, The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. 15th April 2014.
- Yoshimura, K., Miyoshi, T., M. Kanamitsu: Hydraulic Engineering Paper Award, Committee on Hydroscience and Hydraulic Engineering, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, . 4th March 2014.