- Sun, Q., T. Miyoshi, S. Richard, 2023: Analysis of COVID-19 in Japan with extended SEIR model and ensemble Kalman filter., Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics. doi:10.1016/j.cam.2022.114772
- Miyoshi, T. and Q. Sun, 2022: Control Simulation Experiment with the Lorenz's Butterfly Attractor, Nonlin. Processes Geophys., 29, 133-139. doi:10.5194/npg-29-133-2022
- Honda, T., A. Amemiya, S. Otsuka, G.-Y. Lien, J. Taylor, Y. Maejima, S. Nishizawa, T. Yamaura, K. Sueki, H. Tomita, S. Satoh, Y. Ishikawa, and T. Miyoshi, 2022: Development of the Real-Time 30-s-Update Big Data Assimilation System for Convective Rainfall Prediction with a Phased Array Weather Radar: Description and Preliminary Evaluation, J. Adv. Modeling Earth Systems, 14(6), e2021MS002823. doi:10.1029/2021MS002823
- Otsuka, S., S. Kotsuki, M. Ohhigashi, and T. Miyoshi, 2019: GSMaP RIKEN Nowcast: Global precipitation nowcasting with data assimilation. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 1099-1117. doi:10.2151/jmsj.2019-061
- Honda, T., S. Kotsuki, G.-Y. Lien, Y. Maejima, K. Okamoto and T. Miyoshi, 2018: Assimilation of Himawari-8 All-Sky Radiances Every 10 Minutes: Impact on Precipitation and Flood Risk Prediction. J. Geophys. Res., 123, 965-976. doi:10.1002/2017JD027096
- Arakida, H., T. Miyoshi, T. Ise, S. Shima and S. Kotsuki, 2017: Non-Gaussian data assimilation of satellite-based Leaf Area Index observations with an individual-based dynamic global vegetation model. Nonlinear Processes in Geophys., 24, 553-567. doi:10.5194/npg-24-553-2017
- Miyoshi, T., G.-Y. Lien, S. Satoh, T. Ushio, K. Bessho, H. Tomita, S. Nishizawa, R. Yoshida, S. A. Adachi, J. Liao, B. Gerofi, Y. Ishikawa, M. Kunii, J. Ruiz, Y. Maejima, S. Otsuka, M. Otsuka, K. Okamoto, and H. Seko, 2016: "Big Data Assimilation" toward Post-peta-scale Severe Weather Prediction: An Overview and Progress. Proc. of the IEEE, 104, 2155-2179. doi:10.1109/JPROC.2016.2602560
- Miyoshi, T., M. Kunii, J. Ruiz, G.-Y. Lien, S. Satoh, T. Ushio, K. Bessho, H. Seko, H. Tomita, and Y. Ishikawa, 2016: "Big Data Assimilation" Revolutionizing Severe Weather Prediction. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 97, 1347-1354. doi:10.1175/BAMS-D-15-00144.1
- Miyoshi, T., K. Kondo, and K. Terasaki, 2015: Big Ensemble Data Assimilation in Numerical Weather Prediction. Computer, 48, 15-21. doi:10.1109/MC.2015.332
- Miyoshi, T., K. Kondo, and T. Imamura, 2014: The 10240-member ensemble Kalman filtering with an intermediate AGCM. Geophys. Res. Lett., 41, 5264-5271. doi:10.1002/2014GL060863
Honors and Awards
- Miyoshi Takemasa: 'Awards for Science and Technology' The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, 数値天気予報を革新するビッグデータ同化の研究. 8th Aril 2022.
- Miyoshi Takemasa,Kouji Terasaki: RIKEN BAIHO Award, Construction of new weather forecast system by large-scale ensemble computations using global cloud resolving model and localized ensemble Kalman filter on Fugaku. 23rd March 2022.
- James Taylor: RIKEN Oubu Research Incentive Award, Oversampling Reflectivity Observations from a Geostationary Precipitation Radar Satellite: Impact on Typhoon Forecasts within a Perfect Model OSSE Framework. 23rd March 2022.
- Ohishi, S.: JOC The Young Author Award: Frontolysis by surface heat flux in the eastern Japan Sea: importance of mixed layer depth 28th November 2020.
- Miyoshi, T.: FY2020 Prime Minister's Commendations to Contributors for Disaster Prevention. 1st September 2020.
- Shigenori Otsuka: RIKEN Oubu Research Incentive Award, Development of a novel three-dimensional precipitation nowcast method and its real-time demonstration. 3rd April 2020.
- Shunji Kotsuki: RIKEN Oubu Research Incentive Award, Advancing Ensemble Data Assimilation-based Global Weather Forecast System. 12th March 2019.
- Miyoshi, T.: Excellent Achievement Award, HPCI (High Performance Computing Infrastructure) Project Report Meeting Program Committee. 2nd November 2018.
- Honda, T.: Yamamoto-Syono Award, Meteorological society of Japan. 30th October 2018.
- Miyoshi, T.: Gold Medal Prize, Yomiuri Techno Forum. 25th April 2018.
- Honda, T: 9th RIKEN Research Incentive Award, "Improvement of Typhoon and heavy rainfall predictions by assimilating radiance observations from a new generation satellite "Himawari-8"". 15th March 2018.
- Miyoshi, T: RIKEN BAIHO Award, Research to Fuse Data Analysis with Simulations. 5th June 2018.
- Satoh, M., H. Tomita, H. Yashiro, H. Miura, C. Kodama, T. Seiki, A. Noda, Y. Yamada, D. Goto, M. Sawada, T. Miyoshi, Y. Niwa, M. Hara, T. Ohno, S. Iga, T. Arakawa, T. Inoue, H. Kubokawa, 2014: The non-hydrostatic icosahedral atmospheric model: description and development. Progress in Earth and Planetary Science, 1:18. doi:10.1186/s40645-014-0018-1 The Most Cited Paper Award 2017 (by Japan Geoscience Union). 18th April 2017.
- Miyoshi, T.: Editor's Award, Monthly Weather Review (by American Meteorological Society, Seattle). January 2017.
Satoh, M., H. Tomita, H. Yashiro, H. Miura, C. Kodama, T. Seiki, A. Noda, Y. Yamada, D. Goto, M. Sawada, T. Miyoshi, Y. Niwa, M. Hara, T. Ohno, S. Iga, T. Arakawa, T. Inoue, H. Kubokawa, 2014:
The non-hydrostatic icosahedral atmospheric model: description and development.
Progress in Earth and Planetary Science, 1:18. doi:10.1186/s40645-014-0018-1
The Most Accessed Paper Award 2016 (by Japan Geoscience Union). 22nd May 2016.
- Miyoshi, T.: Meteorological Society of Japan Award. 19th May 2016.
- Guo-Yuan Lien: 7th RIKEN Research Incentive Award. "Development of Precipitation Data Assimilation Method using Ensemble Kalman Filter". 30th March 2016.
- Miyoshi, T.: Japan Geoscience Union Nishida Prize 2014. 27th May 2015.
- Kondo, K.: The 4th International Symposium on Data Assimilation, Best Poster Award. 25th Feburuary 2015.
- Miyoshi, T.: The Young Scientists' Prize, The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. 15th April 2014.
- Yoshimura, K., Miyoshi, T., M. Kanamitsu: Hydraulic Engineering Paper Award, Committee on Hydroscience and Hydraulic Engineering, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, . 4th March 2014.